Saturday, October 13, 2012

Día Siete

So today was a fairly quiet day, I slept in a little bit and I am feeling much better. I was able to get a good little workout in and then had a fantastic lunch. My house mom bought the closest thing to steak that I have eaten since being here and it was awesome!

This afternoon I went for a little walk around the town to try and see what I could find.

It started off with some pretty cool European roundabouts and one with a water fountain in the middle of it.

I loved how this walk, even though it was only for about an hour, was in a completely different direction than I had intended in the first place. So anyways, as I kept adventuring, I came across this cool little bridge.

I thought this bridge was amazing. Not only was it physically beautiful in itself but as always when you encounter a bridge, do you cross it or just stay safe on the side you know? As I'm studying in my literature class a little bit, there is a lot of symbolism as always and the use of mountains, rivers, and what do you know BRIDGES are huge elements of symbolism. Today however, I decided to be adventurous and see what the heck was on the other side.

Here is what I saw first as I crossed and looked back from where I had come from.....

It was a beautiful view of Toledo from a direction I had never seen before. It was amazing. So as I trekked on about 100 feet on the other side of the bridge I began to hear music.... I was caught off guard because I had assumed I was in the middle of nowhere but little did I now what I was close to....

Yes, that is the circus I found! Unfortunately it was not open just yet but the music was still playing and they were warming up. It would have been great to see but too bad I didn't have my wallet on this adventure!

None the less it was a pretty good adventure alone. Now off to do some homework, eat some dinner, and then maybe play some futbol with the hombres tonight!

Have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment