Monday, October 8, 2012

Day Two of the Photo Challenge

Hello again,

So here is day two of the photo challenge, it's nothing much but I'll explain.

The journal and the Spanish-English dictionary both have more stories contained in them than I could ever write about just from the last 5 weeks.

I figured for this challenge of 30 straight photos in 30 days, I would try and look for things that stood out to me, not necessarily what I thought other people would like, so I apologize in advance.

Anyways, I received the journal on the left from my Mom last Christmas. She knew I had a few journals but little did she know that my girlfriend Jill had given me two journals about a day before so needless to say at the time, I was fulfilled in the journal department.

As I binged on journal entries trying to finish the current one I had and then wanting to dive into the next three that were ahead of me, I finally came across the perfect use for the this journal about a week before I arrived to Spain.

It all started with my Spanish professor in the spring of 2012, she told me that if I truly wanted to learn Spanish, I needed to one immerse myself, and two keep track of all the words, phrases, and conjugations that I did not understand completely when I heard them. Well let me tell you Susanna, there are plenty of phrases in here now and I will say they all might not be appropriate but I am definitely learning my Spanish!

Now as I had my journal planned out for what would be written in there, I realized that I needed a dictionary to help me define some of these terms that I was going to come across. As I was at Jill's house near the end of August to say goodbye to her for a couple of months, I came across a Spanish to English dictionary and I asked her if I could borrow it!

Well unfortunately I forgot to bring it along as I was all caught up in saying the last goodbye for a few months, but fortunately Jill bought me a new one online and sent it to me as a surprise gift right before I left! I was so pumped!

It is amazing how two books that separately would not have meant to much, but as the stories come together, each book is helping each other and most of all helping me record stories in a unique way of my experience living in Spain!

Above all, I am most grateful to have the chance to reflect on these people in my lives, those being my Mother and Jill, who I am so blessed to have apart of my life and I love them both very much!

So there it is Mom and Jill, thank you so much for the gifts, but thank you most of all for the reminder of your presence every time I am able to use both of these books! I love you guys and am praying for you both every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment