Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 17

So I figured as I'm working at my internship I could take a little "courtesy hour" and update the blog from yesterday and today's photos.

Today I was just amazed this morning at the beauty of Toledo. I witnessed quite a bit on the walk up to work, like a guy who got in a car accident and they were literally cutting apart the car to get him out but somehow he seemed fine inside?

In the States there was no way I would have been able to literally touch the car that had been in the accident but in Spain the rules were a little different. A cool experience none the less but out of courtesy I didn't want to be the crazy American who takes a snapshot of someone getting cut out of a car....

So about 5 minutes later, I came to this little park right next to my work that I usually just take some time to walk through and look out over the cliff back at my house, mainly cause my work starts at nine but no one actually gets there to open the building until 9:15, definitely loving Spanish time.

Now it's very hard to see my house but there is a tall, white, squared building just a little bit right of center. My house is NEXT to that one!

I then turned around and was reminded just how much this city was a medieval city and had doors of protection. I am surprised that I have walked through this door so many times and even though I have thought about what it would have been like back in the day, I am now immune to the fact of just how old some of these things are. So here is an attempt to reflect on it!

This is one of the doors to the city and it is so small one car barely fits through it at a time. In order to walk through, you have to pray no car is coming in hot from the other side and bolt through as quick as you can!

It is just a little fun experience I have had while being in Toledo. A few close calls for my life but hey we're still here!

I hope you can enjoy today! Have a good one! Pase un buen dia!


No comments:

Post a Comment