Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 20 something.....

So this post defines how the study abroad trip has been going so far. It has just blown by and I can't even remember how many days it has been for these pictures so I apologize in advance but to make up for it. I will try and put some photos here that just summarizes my trip to the Canaries that I had this past 5 days.

So it all started off with this little view from our apartment.....well actually a night in the airport, then a 3 hour flight to get this view...

The ocean was looking pretty tempting so we took a walk down to the beach and found some sand dunes which were incredible...

We spent a few days hanging around on the beach until we received a generous offer to get a little scuba diving action in....


(Sorry I can't get the picture right side up!)

And then the final walk on the beach with the moon guiding us home...


 Needless to say it was an incredible trip!

As we flew into the island, it just looked like we were flying into a fairytale, with slight clouds over a little piece of land in the middle of the ocean. It was absolutely incredible. We were fortunate enough to have the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure during our fall break. It made it even better when other students came back complaining about how they had walked and traveled through rain the entire four days and when I looked back on how good sunny and 80's felt for a few days, I felt pretty lucky.

Jill was quick to humble me when I came home and skyped her and told her that everything was just great right now and she asked me how could it not be after a few days in the Canaries. She put me right back on track and made me realize how blessed I actually am to have these experiences. Just incredible.

Life on the island, like most islands, was very relaxed and was just a reminder not to get too caught up in life with the little things. Especially in a time of minor stress with random thoughts of always trying to figure out the rest of my life in school, internships, and careers. This was definitely a great time to just get away and out of touch for a few days. Come to find out there was a hurricane in New York? Who would have thought.

Anyways, I remain very thankful and blessed that I am fortunate to have all these opportunities. I hope and pray for rest and peace in your lives as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment