Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 6

So there has been a lot of learning and a lot of thinking that has gone on during my time here in Spain. I can't describe exactly everything that I have learned or even remember everything that I have been sat in thought on but what I do remember is where majority of this has happened.

Home.

Now this may not look like anything more than an apartment complex but I can guarantee you that this place has been an incredible home for me.

I believe that it starts with my house mother who allowed me into her home in the first place but it is just a wonderful home. She is incredible faithful and her heart just overflows with service towards me and her family. This has created an incredible environment for me to live and learn about the Spanish culture and customs. Just to be able to see the interactions of Spaniards with their friends and family have been experiences that I will never forget.

Just to highlight one point, I came home at about one in the morning, which is fairly early for a Spanish night, and typically my house mother is already asleep. But as I walked in, she was on the phone. A little while later I heard her hang up and she came into my room and was talking with me and she was just talking to her friends who just wanted to chat about life and a current struggle that was going on. I could not understand exactly what the problem was because my house mom did not go into much detail but it was an incredible example of just humbleness and love in my host mothers heart.

It is those kinds of actions that make this home away from home, feel even more like a home to me then I ever thought possible. It might also be in the fact that she wakes me up every morning and has breakfast prepared and on the table ready and waiting for me every day too, but I see her love for others as well.

I hope that someday I will be able to open up my home with my family and just share life with whomever I am called to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment