Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 9

So today I was fairly busy with class as Monday is one of the busier days of the week. As I was looking for a picture I really didn't know what to do but then I remembered what Jill and I had been talking about the other day.

This is nothing more than a computer but through this mainly, and other devices such as my phone, I have been able to maintain such a close relationship with Jill, my family and other loved ones back at home.

It started a about a week ago when Jill had heard a sermon at church and they were talking about implementing the use of technology and social networks into the use of the church and just how these technologies could be put to even better use for the Church.

Well it got Jill thinking and she sent me an e-mail about the sermon but mostly just how grateful she was that we were able to have computers and internet to just stay in contact with prayer requests and just how day to day life is going.

For me, I had never really put thought into the fact that just my computer and the use of internet on it was holding together such a strong relationship and Jill really opened my eyes to that. Not only just relationships but also school work, I use this computer as one of the main sources for my learning and education which is just crazy. If I think back to when my parents were growing up, they simply had a land line telephone to keep in touch when they were long distance.

Just makes me think of how easy I have it now.

But anyways, it was amazing to have my eyes opened in that way by Jill and also just to reflect on how lucky we are to be able to use these things in our life. It is definitely crazy but what I was more amazed at was how much I took it for granted.

What else might we be taking for granted today?

No comments:

Post a Comment