Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 5

Sorry I updated this one a little late but none the less, day 5 is complete. I realized that I wanted to do something about money but didn't know how to portray it, in a sign, or a budget for my trip, but then I just realized I may as well just take a picture of the actual thing.

It is amazing how quickly I have budgeted for some of the trips I have been taking. Sometimes there is more thought then others, for example, booking a trip to Barcelona round trip on a plane was 37 euro.

But on the other hand, a 70 euro train ride home from Ronda was the result of bad planning....That one kind of hurt the funds for the trip!

Never the less, every day is a learning experience on how to budget my money to get the best experience I possibly can out of this trip. When I take a step back and think about it, I feel people always are doing this, how can we obtain the most amount of satisfaction for the least amount of money. In short, one could say that is the study of economics, and that is why I love majoring in economics.

However, I have noticed one hard thing, it is harder here for me to give money away, whether that is buying a gift for someone, giving to a person on the street, or simply just leaving a little tip even though it is not customary here in Europe. I am not too sure why this is but I think it is because my mindset is mostly focused on me and my trips that I have planned and as I take a step back to reflect on this today. Maybe for the second half of this trip, that is one thing I can work on and focus on, just releasing the hold that money has on this trip and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment