Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 10

So today I was finally able to take the picture that I had been wanting to take for the past couple of days. It's actually two but here they are.

This the Fedeto. I have spent quite a bit of time here because this is the place of my internship. I work in the international department and I am researching the US markets of Wine, Olive Oil, and Cheese for my boss.

He has a few clients that are interested in placing their products into US markets so I am transferring the research into Spanish with my boss and he will then present the information to his clients.

This has been an incredible experience for me just to get to learn the Spanish way in the work place. It has been quite different. A little more relaxed at times and I have built a great relationship with many people in this place.

The typical day consists of a couple hours of work but then always time for coffee and socializing with locals and clients to improve my Spanish and to improve their English!

It is quite amazing and humbling to be able to not only be in the position of a student of Spanish but also as a teacher of English at the same time during intercambio sessions. These have been very powerful and have opened my eyes so much about the everyday lives of people here.

What amazes me even more about this place is that about two months before I came to Spain, I was very unsure of if I even wanted an internship while I was here. Considering that this place has been probably the best experience for me, I am so thankful that I decided to follow through with it.

Unfortunately, it is time to go to this class because I do have a class just about the internships and everything but hopefully you enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment