Sunday, February 3, 2013

Settling back in

So it's been a wild ride since being back home here in the US. With trips literally the day after I arrived home from, and then four different states in two weeks, it was quite the winter break. The last jaunt of the "break" was finally getting myself settled into an apartment back at school and to say the least, it was an adventure.

Anyways, I just returned from a wonderful weekend retreat way out of the busy city life and up in the woods. It was a much needed time for me. I have been feeling a little run down and tired and mostly just searching for myself again back here at school. I think God was finally saying, alright here you go, you're in one place for a few days and you can just relax. I was blessed with so many great conversations with new people and was also able to build a little bit more into my business network which was a huge bonus!

As I find myself reflecting now that I'm back home from the weekend. I feel just a beautiful presence of focus and peace. We were able to create extensive talk over risk and adventure in life this weekend and I feel that even after uprooting and going to Spain for the semester, God is just saying, you just wait for this life of risk and adventure, as in the words of one of my Capernaum kids, I feel God is saying, "you ain't seen nothing yet."

My only thought is summed up in a song that I am listening to right now and it is You're Beautiful by Phil Wickham. It just sums up all of my thoughts in this moment so please check it out.

Of course, I'm sure the worries are still in my head about the future of internships, careers, jobs, friends, family, you know all that other stuff but right now, I hope to just keep living life in real life, especially now that I have settled back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment