Thursday, December 13, 2012

Coming to a close

In less than 24 hours I will be leaving the place I have called home here in Spain for the last 3 1/2 months. It has been such an incredible time and I am constantly reminded of the incredible experiences I have had while being here.

I am not entirely sure how I will feel tomorrow while leaving, I am sure it will be a very reflective mood. Also, a little sad. I know this because my house mom has even cried 3 times already just about the thought of me leaving.....and tomorrow is the real deal so I will be fully prepared for those waterworks. Every time she thinks of it she just repeats, "No puedo imaginar", which means, " I can't even imagine" haha. It's incredible! She is so full of love and joy and I could not have had a better place to call home for the past 3 1/2 months.

With these somewhat sad thoughts, there is light at the end of the tunnel, as I step out of this adventure and into my last travels while here in Europe to reunite with a friend and also meet new ones. It should be a great quick trip to end this amazing adventure on!

I can honestly say I will not have time to update here until I arrive back in the states. It shocks me but at the same time I can't help but be excited for the adventures that await me once I arrive back in the US. A few roadtrips right off the bat and a trip out to the east coast. It should be an incredible winter break and I am fully ready to embrace every piece of it.

I hope all is going well from wherever you may be reading this! Talk to you guys within a week or so from the other half of the world, or 1/3 I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment